Dear Dr. Seret,
I want to thank you for all that you do in your community, for daring to innovate, for dreaming big, and for finding ways to create a better tomorrow.
– Michelle Obama, First Lady of the United States
PARTICIPATE IN OUR UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Prepare students to become Global Citizens
Aligned with the D.O.E. Social Studies Scope & Sequence Units
6th Grade FILMeds with DOE alignment:
8th Grade FILMeds with DOE alignment:
Communism: The Lives of Others Holocaust: The Counterfeiters
Changing Societies: Afghanistan, Iran
Learn more about our High School Program
- FILMeds consist of several film clips and scenes woven together in a digital video format.
- FILMeds are a digital companion to the multi-disciplinary book World Affairs in Foreign Films by Roberta Seret (McFarland Publishers).
- FILMeds include lessons in geography, history, government and human rights that offer an introduction to global hot-spots.
- FILMeds include questions to stimulate classroom and group discussions about a country’s geopolitical position.
To view a FILMed sample on YouTube, click here:
Click on the images below to view each FILMed (password protected)
FILMeds for High School, College, and Adults
FILMeds for MIDDLE SCHOOL
FILMeds for 6th Grade
FILMeds for 8th Grade and High School
Film Reviews by Roberta Seret
Oxford University Press
WORLD AFFAIRS IN FOREIGN FILMS 1st Edition By Roberta Seret, McFarland Publishers, July 2011. To order: Amazon.com Mc Farland Publisher Endorsements: “now the major opus in this academic area” – Professor John Broughton, Chairman of Film and Media, Columbia University Teachers College.